AS A NEPIRC BUSINESS ADVISOR FOR THE NORTHERN TIER YOU WILL:
- Maintain NEPIRC relationships with existing manufacturing sector clients and cultivate relationships with new manufacturing clients within PA’s Northern Tier (Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wyoming counties) in order to achieve NEPIRC’s market penetration, engagement volume and client revenue volume metrics
- Work directly with small and mid-sized manufacturers across the Northern Tier to understand their challenges, particularly in the areas of workforce attraction and retention, team development and training, operational efficiency, quality systems, strategy and business growth and provide advisement as to how NEPIRC’s services can assist in those areas.
- Collaborate with NEPIRC’s team of professionals and subject matter experts to develop customized fee-based engagement proposals to your clients based upon their needs.
- Manage a sales pipeline and a portfolio of client accounts and projects.
- Build relationships and become a trusted advisor to your clients by leveraging your own expertise, the expertise of other members of NEPIRC’s team, NEPIRC’s lower-cost or occasional no-cost events and offerings (to create value and build client rapport) and the resources of our statewide and national affiliates.
- Stay up-to-date with technology and manufacturing-related advancements, trends and drivers to become a proactive, value-providing resource to help manufacturers thrive, strive, anticipate the future and close any critical gaps.
- Become a vital part of a learning organization that strives to be supportive, inclusive, forward-thinking, transparent, a resource of choice for our manufacturers and an employer of choice for our team members.
- Become an advocate for manufacturing within our region and across Pennsylvania.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
NEPIRC’s 30+ years of working with small and mid-sized manufacturers have proven that the following characteristics, skills and experience significant contribute to Northern Tier Business Advisor success:
- Reside within the Northern Tier (Bradford, Susquehanna, Sullivan, Tioga or Wyoming county) or have other personal ties to the community.
- A minimum of 6 years of manufacturing experience OR a combination of education and experience equivalent to 6 years of such experience OR a minimum of 6 years of consultative or technical sales experience.
- A demonstrated passion for manufacturing, process excellence, industrial skills, operational excellence, continuous improvement or some other aspect of our industrial heritage and economy.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Management, Marketing/Sales or similar.
- Proven business acumen and ability to interact professionally with C-level executives in ways that uncover their business needs and create connections between those objectives/needs and NEPIRC’s services.
- Strong communication skills in diverse settings and different modes, including one-on-one, small groups, large groups, seminars/webinars, on-camera (video) and event hosting.
- Self-direction and ability to plan, organize and execute independently of direct day-to-day supervision while managing multiple projects and client opportunities.
- Commitment to a team effort and to team success – willingness and eagerness to collaborate, learn, discuss and develop solutions in a team environment.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office applications and experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, preferably SalesForce, is desired.
- Valid PA driver’s license and readiness to travel within service region.
The Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC) is a private not-for-profit corporation that strives to improve the competitiveness of manufacturers throughout an 11-county region of northeastern, northern and part of central Pennsylvania so that those firms continue to create and sustain good-paying advanced manufacturing jobs for our families, friends, neighbors and fellow citizens. Our team understands that manufacturing fuels our regional economy by providing purposeful, family-sustaining jobs, generating revenue from out-of-state and overseas customers, supporting downstream supply chain jobs and remitting revenue to the Commonwealth and federal treasuries. Without a robust manufacturing economy, the quality of life of ALL Pennsylvanian’s is threatened – and NEPIRC is at the front lines of ensuring that our manufacturers continue to thrive.
NEPIRC accomplishes its mission by providing our manufacturers with only the best assessment, evaluation, training and consultative services at investment points that are affordable and provide them with a high return on investment (ROI).
NEPIRC is an employer of choice throughout our region and continuously advances our work environment by putting our people first and truly understanding and appreciating that our talent is our greatest asset. We provide a positive, collaborative and respectful work environment and treat each other with professionalism and genuine care. We’re a strong team and perform at an exceptionally high level, with metrics and awards to prove it. We are the elite and a team anyone could and should be proud to represent.