Manufacturers continue to thrive and expand within northeastern and the northern tier of Pennsylvania, according to first quarter 2016 client impact reports announced today by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC).
NEPIRC provides consulting and training services to manufacturers throughout 11 counties of northeastern and northern Pennsylvania. The company’s first quarter 2016 client-reported impact numbers include:
• New sales of $2.6 million
• Retained sales of $55.2 million
• Operating cost savings of $480,000
• Investment in new equipment, regional expansions, new technologies and workforce training of $4.8 million
• Creation and retention of 659 manufacturing jobs
All data was compiled through independent surveys of NEPIRC clients and verified by the U.S. Department of Commerce, according to Eric Joseph Esoda, CPA, president and CEO of NEPIRC.
Of the nearly 1,000 manufacturers within northeastern and the northern tier of Pennsylvania, 67% have fewer than 20 employees and over 80% have fewer than 50 employees. NEPIRC serves this small and mid-sized manufacturing community exclusively.