Wilkes-Barre, PA – Manufacturers continue to thrive and expand within northeastern and the northern tier of Pennsylvania, according to 2015 client impact reports announced today by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC).
NEPIRC provides consulting and training services to manufacturers throughout 11 counties of northeastern and northern Pennsylvania. The company’s annual client-reported impact numbers for the calendar year ending December 31, 2015 include:
• New sales of $26.4 million
• Retained sales of $149.1 million
• Operating cost savings of $18.3 million
• Regional expansion and modernization investments of $28.9 million
• Creation and retention of 1,591 manufacturing jobs
All data was compiled through independent surveys of NEPIRC clients and verified by the U.S. Department of Commerce, according to Eric Joseph Esoda, CPA, president and CEO of NEPIRC.
Other statistics reported include:
• NEPIRC served 201 manufacturers served in 2015
• Top 5 industries were Food, Fabricated Metal & Machinery, Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products and Printing
• Engagements focused on Continuous Improvement, Quality Management Systems, Leadership Development, Supply Chain Optimization, Innovation Management, Project Management, Technology Scouting and Broadband Implementation
Of the nearly 1,000 manufacturers within northeastern and the northern tier of Pennsylvania, 67% have fewer than 20 employees and over 80% have fewer than 50 employees. NEPIRC serves this small and mid-sized manufacturing community exclusively.